Online Lighting Shop (collectively referred to as "Online Lighting Shop", “OLS”, “we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at OLS, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. OLS is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy, which applies whether you visit our website, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
• How we use your data,
• What personal data we collect
• How we ensure your privacy is maintained, and
• Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1-How We Use Your Data
OLS (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
• To provide goods and services to you
• To make a tailored website available to you
• To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
• To verify your identity
• For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
• With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
• For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
• To enable OLS to manage customer service interactions with you, and
• Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
OLS uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) to keep you update on the latest OLS offers and special promotions.
OLS aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. Changing marketing preferences via your OLS account settings,
2. Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
3. Contacting OLS via firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity on-line, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing Data with Third Parties
We will NOT share your data with any third party companies that are not our trusted service providers and suppliers.
OLS only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other Third Parties
OLS will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
• Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
• To comply with our legal obligations,
• To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases),
• For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
• For the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
2- What Personal Data Do We Collect
OLS may collect the following information about you:
• Your name
• Address: Billing and Delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
• Purchases and orders made by you
• Your on-line browsing activities on OLS websites (cookies)
• When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
• Your communication and marketing preferences
• Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
• Your location
• Your correspondence and communications with OLS.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
We use tracking cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and no personally identifiable information is stored.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. All web browsers automatically accept Cookies; you can modify your browser security settings to block Cookies although you should be warned that changing Cookie settings can adversely affect the performance of our website.
Click HERE to view our Cookies Page.
3- How We Ensure Your Privacy is Maintained
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check and control the information that we hold about you by checking in "My Account" or by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your details are safe and information you provide is fully encrypted so that it cannot be read by third parties. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the base of your screen.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us on email@example.com.
4- Your Legal Rights Relating to Your Personal Data.
Your Data Rights Are:
• the right to discover if we process your data
• how to access your data
• the right to have inaccurate/incomplete data rectified or updated
• the right to object to processing of data
• the right to withdraw or restrict your consent to our use of your data
• the right to have your personal data erased
• data portability, to move or copy your personal data
• not to be subject to solely automated decision making based upon the use of your data
• the right to complain to the appropriate authority or to legal remedies
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & Data Protection Act 2018)